Press Coverage of Health Care Access Coalition events:
- The Buffalo News covered our Single Payer Under the Microscope event in September. Click here for the article.
- Single Payer Under the Microscope was also featured in the Olean Times Herald. Click here for the article.
Health Care Access Coalition media releases:
- October 3, 2013: ‘Mercy Killers’
- March 12, 2011: Health Care Access Coalition HostsPresentation and Panel Discussion of The Affordable Care Act
- January 4, 2010: Health Care Access Coalition Hosts Interfaith Discussion of Health Care
- September 1, 2009: Health Care Access Coalition Hosts Single Payer Health Care Under the Microscope
- July 28, 2009: Health Care Access Coalition Hosts Medicare’s Birthday Party As It Turns 44
- March 3, 2009: 14th Annual 40-Hour Fast Together Coming Together for the Common Good
Points of view and editorials by our members, journalists and other citizens:
- Olean Times Herald reporter, Julia Sampson, wrote about our local citizens group in the February 10, 2010 edition. Click here for a copy of the article.
- National Public Radio commentary by Barry Gan, Ph.D., professor at St. Bonaventure University, was heard on January 12. For a copy of the transcript, click here.
- Athena Godet-Calogeras, MS, is the founder/chair of the Health Care Access Coalition and an active fighter in the crusade for health care for all. Athena is a proponent of single-payer health care. To read a recent editorial on the subject, please click here.
- Athena Godet-Calogeras, MS, is founder/chair of the Health Care Access Coalition (Allegany/Olean), Peter Mott, MD is Associate Professor of Community Medicine at the University of Rochester (retired) and Andrew Coates, MD is Assistant Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry at Albany Medical College. All three penned an editorial that appeared in several daily papers in New York State including the Buffalo News. Click here to read the piece.
- What are the next steps in health care reform? The New York Times offered an informative look at what’s next. Click here for more.